English for the Automobile Industry provides you with the language and skills that are essential to communication in the industry. The course is suitable for those who work for a car manufacturer, a supplier, a car dealership, or for a marketing agency involved with the automobile industry.
Practical exercises, listening extracts, industry-specific texts, and numerous illustrations help you to acquire target vocabulary and commonly-used expressions.
English for the Automobile Industry addresses a range of subjects regarding cars and the industry as a whole. Topics and skills covered include purchasing and sales, administration, design, and production.
English for the Automobile Industry is the ideal quick course for anyone who needs English to communicate with colleagues, customers, and business partners in the automotive industry.
Unit 1: Introduction to the car
Factors involved in buying a car, types of car, car sales.
Unit 2: The exterior
Exterior car parts, car production, a quality problem.
Unit 3: The interior
Interior car parts, the instrument panel, a delivery problem.
Unit 4: Under the bonnet
The engine, a technical support hotline, an international car show.
Unit 5: Performance and technical specifications
Launching a new model, a road test, materials and their properties.
Unit 6: Safety
Active and passive safety features, choosing safety features, car recalls.
Unit 7: Design
The design process, constraints, expanding the product range.
Unit 8: Future trends
The car of the future, environmental awareness, fuel cells.
- Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
- Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
- STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
- OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
- Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
- Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice