English for the Energy Industry gives you the necessary linguistic skills to understand daily situations in the work environment, and complex developments within the global energy sector.
English for the Energy Industry is divided into units by theme, such as energy production, environmental protection, technology, PR, business policy, and strategy.
Reading texts, diagrams, and authentic documents help you to learn key vocabulary and phrases in context. Role-plays allow you to practise language and skills in realistic situations.
English for the Energy Industry is an ideal short course for anyone who needs English to communicate with colleagues and business contacts in the energy industry sector.
Unit 1: Introduction to the energy business
Unit 2: Markets and customers
Residential, business, and industrial customers, supplying an industrial customer, breakdown in supply.
Unit 3: Protecting the environment
Energy saving, the image of the energy industry, technical measures to reduce pollution, the cost of protecting the environment.
Unit 4: The nuclear issue
Developments in nuclear power, the nuclear production process, safety and security issues.
Unit 5: Investment plans
Mergers and takeover, SWOT analyses, financial documents.
Unit 6: The future of energy
Future production, demand, and supply, departments and their functions, the fuel cell.
- Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
- Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
- STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
- OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
- Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
- Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice