English for Telecoms and Information Technology teaches you how to communicate effectively in these converging sectors.
English for Telecoms and Information Technology covers a range of subjects, including mobility, software, services, and media.
Units are divided into three cycles of a reading or listening comprehension, followed by language and communication activities. This structure allows you to learn new language in context, and practise new skills through a variety of exercises and activities.
English for Telecoms and Information Technology is an ideal short course for anyone working in the telecoms and information technology sector.
Unit 1: Convergence in telecoms and IT
Convergence in technology, convergence in business, a converged future.
Unit 2: Mobility
Mobile devices, mobile technology.
Unit 3: Software
Software solutions, project management.
Unit 4: Networking
Global infrastructure, network management.
Unit 5: Data centres and security
Data centres, information security, banking security.
Unit 6: Services
Managed services, Service Level Agreements.
Unit 7: Media
Television, media start-ups, website usability.
Unit 8: Society
Healthcare, surveillance, technology adoption in society.
- Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
- Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
- STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
- OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
- Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
- Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice