English for Accounting is suitable for people working in accounting and finance who need English to communicate in a variety of situations with colleagues and business partners.
You will learn the language and skills related to accounting, as well as techniques and strategies for achieving goals in meetings and presentations.
Each unit of English for Accounting addresses a different area of accounting, such as financial statements, tax systems, and auditing. Dialogues, exercises, and authentic texts present the vocabulary, and give you an opportunity to practise language in context.
English for Accounting is an ideal short course for professionals who need to communicate with colleagues and clients about accounting and financial matters.
Unit 1: Introduction to Accounting
Accounting principles, creative accounting, CPA & Chartered Accountant.
Unit 2: Financial statements and ratios
Profit and loss statement, balance sheet, ratio analysis.
Unit 3: Tax accounting
Tax systems, calculating tax expense, taxation planning.
Unit 4: Auditing
Role of auditors, types of audits, auditor-client relationship.
Unit 5: Management accounting
Statement of cash flows, budgets, the future of accounting.
Unit 6: Investment
Cross-border investments, different accounting practices, intercultural issues.
- Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
- Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
- STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
- OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
- Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
- Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice