English for Human Resources is suitable for HR managers, their staff, and also those employed in personnel agencies. The course teaches you the relevant expressions and vocabulary you need to communicate effectively in your field.
Each unit of English for Human Resources addresses different issues relevant to the field of HR, including recruitment, employee relations, and rewards and benefits. The 'Useful Language' boxes offer additional help with the language needed for typical HR tasks, such as appraisals, interviews, and reports.
English for Human Resources is an ideal short course for those working in human resources and recruitment, who need to use English at work.
Unit 1: Recruitment
Job descriptions, person specifications, recruitment sources and advertising.
Unit 2: Selection
Job advertisements, a curriculum vitae, the job interview.
Unit 3: Employee relations
Employee contracts, disciplinary and grievance procedures, health and safety at work.
Unit 4: HR development
HR development practices, dealing with staff problems, appraisal interviews and reports, training courses.
Unit 5: Reward and remuneration
Salary and fringe benefits, salary reviews.
Unit 6: Industrial relations
The role of trade unions, labour relations, a wage negotiation.
- Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
- Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
- STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
- OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
- Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
- Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice