English for Legal Professionals helps you to speak about the law in a business environment. The course provides you with the language you need to be able to communicate with confidence.
English for Legal Professionals addresses the basic areas of Commercial Law, including company law, employment law, contract law, copyright law, and bankruptcy law.
Every unit places the legal professional in different scenarios, and teaches you how to advise clients on suitable courses of legal action. Authentic documents provide professional vocabulary, and the 'Vocabulary Assistant' offers definitions of legal words and phrases.
English for Legal Professionals is an ideal short course for anyone who needs to speak about the law in a business environment to clients, business partners, and colleagues.
Unit 1: Setting up a business
Choosing the right business type, company liability.
Unit 2: Employing people
Employment contracts, amendments, letters of resignation.
Unit 3: Buying and selling goods and services
Preambles, agreements and contracts of sale, contractual disputes.
Unit 4: Protecting intellectual property
Copyright, patent, trademark, rights agreement.
Unit 5: Mergers and acquisitions
Planning an acquisition, M & A procedure, financing a takeover.
Unit 6: Risk management and insolvency
Assessing legal risk, causes and implications of insolvency, creditors' rights.
- Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
- Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
- STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
- OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
- Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
- Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice