English for Marketing and Advertising is suitable for anyone who works in marketing and advertising. The course covers a range of skills and topics such as talking to clients, discussing advertising campaigns, establishing a marketing plan, and writing a press release.
The course addresses all the essential responsibilities of those working in marketing and advertising departments. You will practise relevant vocabulary and speaking skills for tasks such as telephoning, emailing, and giving presentations. The course introduces specialist vocabulary relating to branding, market research, direct marketing, and public relations.
English for Marketing and Advertising is an ideal short course for marketing and advertising professionals who need to communicate confidently and effectively in English.
Unit 1: Introduction to marketing and advertising
Jobs and responsibilities, corporate identity, branding.
Unit 2: Finding the customer
Market research, customer profiles, data collection.
Unit 3: Planning a marketing strategy
The marketing plan, the four Ps, pricing and positioning strategies.
Unit 4: Creating ads
The AIDA model for advertising, working with an ad agency, advertising channels.
Unit 5: Marketing tools
Distribution channels, types of discount, types of retailer, telemarketing, direct marketing.
Unit 6: Presenting your public face
Public relations, websites, sponsoring, press releases.
Unit 7: Marketing through trade fairs
Give-aways, organising events, attending a trade fair.
- Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
- Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
- STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
- OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
- Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
- Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice