English for Sales and Purchasing is suitable for both buyers and sales people who require fluent business English to manage international clients, deal with foreign suppliers, attend international exhibitions, and deal with complaints and enquiries.
English for Sales and Purchasing presents the essential expressions and conversation techniques that will enable successful communication in these situations.
Every unit presents realistic scenarios and specific themes for sales and purchasing, such as approaching a new client, selecting potential suppliers, developing proposals, and typing up orders and deliveries.
English for Sales and Purchasing is an ideal short course for anyone who needs to communicate effectively with international clients and colleagues in a sales or purchasing environment.
Unit 1: Jobs and responsibilities
Job titles and tasks, a sales meeting, a requisition.
Unit 2: New contacts
At a trade fair, relationship building, follow-up emails.
Unit 3: Offers
A sales pitch, the AIDA approach to sales, a request for proposal, an offer letter.
Unit 4: Negotiations
Tips for successful negotiations, a company visit, negotiating styles.
Unit 5: Orders
Telephone orders, online orders, numbers and figures, contract terms and phrases.
Unit 6: Customer care
Dealing with problems over the telephone, online, and in writing.
- Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
- Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
- STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
- OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
- Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
- Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice