English for Socializing teaches you how to build good relationships with international clients and colleagues. The course includes essential expressions and conversation techniques that will enable you to socialize and make business contacts in English.
English for Socializing presents realistic relationship-building situations. The well-structured and varied exercises allow you to practise conversational techniques and strategies.
Each unit includes speaking activities which cover how to exchange pleasantries and chat with ease, as well as intercultural issues and soft skills.
English for Socializing is an ideal short course for those who need English to socialize in a professional context.
Unit 1: Making contact
Making arrangements, meeting visitors, talking about plans.
Unit 2: Welcoming visitors
Talking about your company, offering refreshments, giving directions in a building.
Unit 3: Getting acquainted
Making small talk, talking about travelling, talking about personal possessions.
Unit 4: Entertaining a visitor
Showing a visitor around, talking about where you live, recommending things to do.
Unit 5: Eating out
Deciding what to order, thanking somebody for a meal.
Unit 6: Networking at a trade fair
Starting a conversation with a stranger, talking about your company and products, following up a new contact.
- Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
- Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
- STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
- OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
- Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
- Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice